Washington DC area philanthropists Joanne and Bill Conway have committed to a $5 million gift to support our CNL program, funding the education of more than 110 new nurses over five years, beginning in 2018. The Conways, who gave a similar gift to UVA Nursing in 2013 are, with this transformative gift, renewing their pledge to encourage a broader diversity in the students who enroll in this program.
- Applicants must be Virginia residents, and have a FAFSA on file
- They should have experience with a vulnerable population, and a commitment to service
- They should have exposure to healthcare in some way – through work, volunteering, personal/family experience
- They should be able to communicate well and must commit to providing 50 volunteer hours each year of funding on top of their clinical hours either in a rural, underserved or their home communities
- They must present on their work to the School of Nursing community during the course of their academic career.